The Andhra Pradesh State Government has announced its Solar Energy Policy-2012 on 26th September 2012.Solar Power developers are encouraged to invest in Andhra Pradesh and the policy is very conducive and attractive for them.
Below is a summary of the Policy details.
Highlights of the solar power policy-2012
1. Seven Year Sops for solar power developers who commission their plants by June 2014.
2. Their Incentives will be in force for a period of seven years from the date of implementation of their respective projects.
3.No wheeling or transmission charge from the solar power plant location to the desired locations.
4. Item no 3, is applicable only for captive use or sale to a third party within Andhra ,through 33Kv systems. This is again subject to Industries keeping within its contracted demand.
5. Wheeling and Transmission Charges for the sale of solar power outside Andhra will be as per APERC.
6. The solar Projects will be exempted from electricity duty only for captive consumption and third party sale within the state.
7.Also VAT for the materials used for solar power projects will be refunded by commercial taxes department.
8.Land acquisition for setting up solar power plant will be given incentives by the Industries department ,in terms of stamp duty and registration charges refund.The
9. All the projects developed under this scheme will be eligible for REC benefits.
10 The charges for Evacuating the power generated by the solar power plant to the nearest AP substation will be borne by the developer.
10. The New and Renewable Energy Development Corporation of AP will act as a nodal agency to implement this policy. The policy will be reviewed after 2 years.